Apple Valley Creamery Recipes
Deep Dish Apple Pie Ice Cream
2 cups milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 ¼ cups sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
4 large egg yolks, beaten
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp allspice
¼ cup diced dried apples
6 shortbread cookies
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan except for dried apples and cookies.
- Heat on medium for 10 minutes, stirring constantly until all ingredients combine and mixture is slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat, cover, and put in refrigerator to cool.
- Pour cool mixture into ice cream freezer and follow manufacturers directions.
- While ice cream is freezing, soak apples in ½ cup water for about 5 minutes.
- Drain apples and add to ice cream freezer after ice cream is about half done.
- When ic cream is done, cut shortbread cookie into small chunks and mix into ice cream.
Makes 3 loaves.
Apple Cinnamon Bread Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream first 4 ingredients until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, then add to first 4 ingredients.
- Mix well then add raisins and coconut, mix until blended.
- Pour into 3 greased, medium loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 – 50 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes.
Makes 3 loaves.
Simple Sourdough Bread
1 packages of yeast
2 tbsp sugar
2 ½ cups warm water, about 120 degrees
2 cups all-purpose flour
- Mix these ingredients well, cover loosely, and let sit overnight, usually about 12 hours.
- Add 1 tbsp salt and 4-5 cups of bread flour. Add slowly while stirring until dough does not stick to the sides of the bowl. Kneed for about 10 minutes.
- Cover with a towel and let dough rest for about 30 minutes.
- Punch down, divide in half and shape into loaves. Put into 2 large, greased bread pans, cover with a towel and let rise until bread is about 3 inches above pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 16 – 20 minutes. Bread will be golden brown when done. Immediately take bread from pan and let cool on a rack.
Makes 2 loaves.